Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'm 7! Let's Party!

Folks, I totally apologize, I completely forgot to tell you about the Boston Terrier cake I had to do last week! One of the chefs is totally fun and ridiculous, and he has a 72 year old landlord who has a boston terrier who was turning 7 last week. the landlord was having a birthday party for the dog and the chef wanted to know if I could make a cake with the dog's picture on it that said, "I'm 7! Let's Party!" I loved that idea. So he brought me a photo of Daisy, and I made up a sketch of it for him to see. I'm sure most of you don't know but I have a habit of trying all sorts of creative outputs and then not having time to do them all. For instance, while I've picked up the fiddle many a time, I haven't been able to play in probably six months. Just no time for it. I also took a class in drawing, and I'm so happy I did, because I was completely able to make a good analysis and sketch of the puppy.

Anyway, the plan was to serve a bit of cake to everyone at the party and then let the dog go to town on the cake, so it couldn't be chocolate. I decided to go with a strawberry mousse filled vanilla sponge cake with buttercream frosting. I made the dog and the letters all out of chocolate. We added a few chocolate paw prints, and my chef friend was in love with the, as he termed it, "puppy cake".

The report the next day was that the cake was enjoyed by all! I love projects like that!

3 Comments:

Blogger feitclub said...

What does a personalized birthday cake for a dog cost?

30 June, 2006 19:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! I would love to see a pic.

30 June, 2006 21:57  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang....I want my own cake! But leave of the age...I am in denial!

02 July, 2006 09:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home