Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Cleaning

That's right, sometimes I clean the rooms myself. Especially when it is slow, and we have less than 3 rooms rented at a time. The housekeeper stays home, and I or my innkeeper get to clean any rooms that need doing. So today I was putting the Bridal Chamber back in order and I was reminded of A) how much I appreciate having a housekeeper and B) how disrespectful people can be when using a space that is not their own.

Somehow, these people managed to get toothpaste at least two feet from the sink, and onto the mirror! There was soap and a mystery substance everywhere in the main bathroom, and I think they broke into the housekeeping closet so that they could use every towel we had in the room! (Is it possible we don't put out enough towels? We usually put out 4 large bath towels, 3 hand towels, a bathmat, and 3 wash cloths.)

The Bridal Chamber also gets the oh so special treatment of having breakfast brought up to their room. When I looked at the mess in this area, I was sad, because I realized that my innkeeper's cooking is NOT up to par, just looking at what was left over. One bowl of something I couldn't even tell what it was, but now that I think about it, it could be whipped cream. He also made rice pudding (on the same day as whipped cream?), pancakes and muffins. There was no evidence of fresh fruit (a requirement) and the coffee wasn't drunk at all. Given, my innkeeper had a most horrible yesterday when he sliced his left ring finger open and needed 7 stitches. There was no blood on the table, so at least that wasn't a problem. Anyway, this is a major symptom that I need to take care of immediately!

Today we have a whole slew of funeral guests coming. Someone's Aunt Marge died this Sunday after everyone at her nursing home got ill (not everyone died, I assure you). So now we've rented three rooms to that family, and they're also going to have a small reception here after the funeral, so I'm putting on the coffee, whipping out the bottled water, and putting up restroom signs with arrows. This is mainly how we make our income in the winter, basically being busy when people die. I think I need to do a brochure run at all the local funeral homes real soon.

Okay, back to the Bridal Chamber, just needed a break from the mess!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ewwwww cleaning that room always sucked! and dammm girl update this blog more often. I almost fainted when I read the new blog.

17 January, 2007 00:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom always told me to try and leave spaces looking better than when I found them. Sounds like those guests did not follow that motto.

25 January, 2007 09:41  
Blogger feitclub said...

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Perhaps they took the fruit with them and threw away the core/peel/pit elsewhere.

30 January, 2007 21:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home